Postmedia Network Inc.
|Multimedia Journalist / Editor
Location: Whitecourt, Alberta
Posted: November 28, 2018
Deadline: December 14, 2018
The Whitecourt Star and nearby Mayerthorpe Freelancer have an opening for a multimedia journalist/editor to help lead news, entertainment and sports coverage in these busy communities northwest of Edmonton.
Role and responsibilities:
- Write and edit stories for print and online
- Have the ability to write stories for all sections of the paper
- Shoot still photos
- Generate interesting story/feature ideas
- Engage in energetic use of social media
- Write columns for the paper's opinion section
The successful candidate must be community minded with a primary focus on producing local news, compelling feature stories and eye-catching photography. The successful applicant will be a self-starter with a strong attention to detail. The applicant must hold a valid driver’s licence, as well as their own vehicle.
- Candidates should have a journalism degree or diploma
- A reliable car and a valid driver's license are essential
- Candidates must own a DSLR camera
- Experience and knowledge of social media an asset
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis. Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Should you be interested in this opportunity please forward a cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - and resume by Dec. 14th to: