Times & Transcript
|Reporter (1-year contract)
Location: Moncton, New Brunswick
Posted: October 30, 2018
Deadline: December 30, 2018
Brunswick News is recruiting for a contract reporter position at the Times & Transcript in Moncton, N.B., with opportunities to grow to a permanent role. We are looking for a journalist with keen news sense and clarity of writing style.
From breaking news and crime reporting to local and regional politics, business and culture, our reporters are driven by curiosity that breaks down walls between beats and transcends digital-print divides.
This is an opportunity to work with award-winning journalists in building a digital audience for our successful subscription-based digital news service while continuing a tradition of excellence in print.
- University or college-level studies in journalism or a related field.
- Previous newsroom experience.
- A clean, clear writing style and a demonstrated ability to produce detailed, accurate work under tight deadlines.
- Photography and videography skills.
- Highly developed organizational skills -- able to multi-task, and work as part of a team.
- An excellent command of the English language; fluency in spoken and written French would be a definite asset.
- An understanding of media law.
- A valid driver's licence.
- Desire to live and work in the beautiful city of Moncton, New Brunswick.
Brunswick News is Atlantic Canada’s most dynamic media group, providing a comprehensive package of live news and information to readers throughout New Brunswick. Our network of media outlets include TelegraphJournal.com, New Brunswick's three daily newspapers, more than a dozen smaller-market newspapers, flyer distribution services, and an online recruitment site.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Brunswick News is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
If you are interested in applying for this career opportunity, please send a copy of your resume, including a cover letter (stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board) and clippings, by Nov. 9 to:
939 Main Street
Tel: (506) 859-7120