|Webmaster - Digital Publishing
Location: Shawville, Quebec
Posted: October 16, 2018
The Equity is an independent weekly community newspaper that has served the Pontiac region of rural west-Quebec for 135 years.
We are seeking a webmaster who will position our heritage newspaper to thrive in the digital age.
The ideal candidate will bring knowledge, insight and creativity to the continuous improvement of our website in ways that will attract and retain readers and advertisers.
Key responsibilities will include the look and functionality of the website, content curation, social media outreach and analysis of traffic data.
Any additional insight you might bring in the realm of brand development, community journalism, advertising or video production will be a welcome bonus.
- You will have earned your credentials from a post-secondary institution from which you hold a degree or diploma. You will be conversant with WordPress, InDesign, Photoshop, Quark Xpress and analytics software.
- Additional Criteria
- This is a full-time (35 hours per week) position for one year (commencing in September 2018), made possible by the federal government’s Young Canada Works program. To qualify, candidates must:
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident or refugee status in Canada (non-residents that have a temporary work visa or are waiting to receive their permanent residency are not admissible);
- be legally authorized to work in Canada;
- be under 30 years of age;
- accept and commit to work full-time for the entire duration of the internship;
- not have another employment that exceeds 30 hours a week during the internship program;
- be an unemployed college or university graduate or working out of their graduated field;
- have received their diploma within 24 months prior to their start date as an intern;
- not be on unemployment insurance during this internship;
- not have previously participated in, or received an income from, this or any other program of Career Objectives of the Youth Employment Strategy of the Canadian government.
Interested candidates should send a resume and a cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to:
The Equity - Pontiac Printshop Ltd.
133 Centre Street
Tel: (819) 650-4248