Jim Pattison Broadcast Group 107.5 Beach Radio
|Radio & Online Reporter/News Anchor
Location: Vernon, British Columbia
Posted: October 5, 2018
Deadline: November 15, 2018
If you have a passion for local news, there's a great opportunity for you in the North Okanagan!
1075 Beach Radio is the heritage station in Vernon, B.C., with a long history of being the city's news leader.
We're looking for a full-time newsperson, with a primary focus on covering breaking news and beat reporting for both radio and our web site, and to read radio newscasts.
- Cover breaking news, court cases, and local political events like city council and regional district meetings
- Write stories for radio and online platforms for 1075 Beach Radio and BeachRadioVernon.ca
- Prepare and read newscasts, with a focus on local news
- Generate original story ideas on a daily basis
- Post to social media
- Broadcast/journalism diploma, with minimum two years of journalism experience
- Self-starter who takes direction well
- Able to work with a team and independently
- Ability to write clear, concise and grammatically correct web copy
- Sound knowledge of Canadian Press style
- Comprehensive knowledge of social media platforms
- Photography skills are an asset
- Understands and appreciate the importance of local, community-focused news
- Valid driver’s license
Our New Applicant Self ID form is available for download at www.jpbg.com/selfidform.pdf
and should be completed and attached to all employment applications.
Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
Please send your resume, references, on air check, and a completed copy of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group New Applicant Self ID form, along with a cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board, by Nov 15, 2018.
Jim Pattison Broadcast Group
Beach Radio 107.5
3313 32nd Avenue
Tel: (250) 545-2141
Web address: http://https://www.beachradiovernon.ca/