Canada Wide Media Limited
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia
Posted: October 5, 2018
Salary: $45,000 - $50,000
Canada Wide Media Limited, Western Canada’s leading independent audience engagement and custom content creation company has an immediate opening for a full time Style Editor for Western Living and Vancouver magazines.
Summary of Role
- Oversees editorial content for several sections in both Vancouver magazine and Western Living magazine
- Writes and edits content for both print and online
- Contributes to SIPs and other publications as required
- Develops vision, and assigns and edits Best of the City and City Guide SIPs
Key Areas of Responsibility
- In Western Living magazine, edit and assign, or write as required: shopping section, as well as openings, “Bites”, events, Sources, newsletter and Facebook Feed; other content as required.
- In Vancouver magazine, edit and assign, or write as required the “Play” section, including fashion and homes stories.
- Oversees editorial direction, produces content and implements policy for publication in two SIPs, and other company publications as required.
- Build and deliver the WL and VM newsletters once a week.
- Contribute to digital content on westernliving.ca and vanmag.com with minimum three posts per week.
- Work with editorial team to create and constantly reassess engaging content that builds traffic for westernliving.ca and vanmag.com
- Create a database of writers with expertise on various subjects as they relate to both design in Western Canada, and city-related content such as food, real estate, politics and style.
- Establish contacts with professional industry-specific organizations.
- Attend workshops, conferences and networking sessions to establish a presence of the publications and to increase the database of professionals and writers.
- Attend workshops and conferences to remain informed and current on the latest practices in publishing ie. the convergence of print and web.
- Attend media events and the brands’ own produced special events outside of office hours.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education in Journalism, Communications Degree or equivalent
- 2-3 years of editorial experience working in a magazine/newspaper environment
- Proficiency on a MAC platform
- Proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign, Wordpress
- Knowledge of CP style
Soft Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work autonomously, managing editorial projects and day-to-day content deliverables
- Strong presentation and written communication skills
- Familiar with Western Canada’s design and cultural landscape and its players
- Familiar with key topics in the city of Vancouver: food, politics, real estate
- Knowledgeable about fashion and design
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
Interested and qualified candidates, please send your resume and cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to:
Canada Wide Media Limited
230, 4321, Still Creek Drive
Tel: (604) 299-7311
Web address: http://www.westernliving.ca/