Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: June 9, 2018
HelloMD, one of the fastest-growing companies in medical cannabis, is looking for a seasoned content manager based in the greater Toronto area. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in the Canadian cannabis industry and will oversee the day-to-day production of a wide variety of content. The content manager will have strong online writing and editing skills as well as experience setting up and managing both processes and people.
- Set up and oversee day-to-day content creation workflows (including blog articles, Q&As, email newsletters and marketing collateral)
- Create an editorial calendar; manage freelance writers against that publishing schedule.
- Fact-check, edit and revise contributor content; write copy as needed.
- Ensure content is SEO and user-centric and that it meets editorial guidelines on tone, voice and style.
- Review/assess content in our existing database of articles, Q&A and product detail pages; provide recommendations for how to optimize.
- Play a role in strategic content planning for HelloMD Canada. Monitor data and analytics in order to enhance content based on key performance indicators.
- Three to five years of project and people management experience in a fast-paced, digital media environment. Start-up experience in a highly collaborative environment a huge plus.
- Five to seven years of online writing/editing as well as digital marketing and branding experience, with a minimum of one year in the cannabis industry.
- Clear understanding of the importance of high quality work and accuracy along with the ability to manage writers in producing engaging, easy-to-understand content.
- Strong organizational and planning skills to ensure timely and accurate execution of responsibilities.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects to successful and timely completion.
- Strong familiarity with AP style. Impeccable spelling and grammar.
- Understanding of search engine optimization and UX best practices when producing customer-centric content.
When applying, please submit your résumé and a cover letter explaining your qualifications for this position, stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board. Please also send three writing samples showcasing a variety of content topics and types.
Candidates with no cannabis content experience will not be considered for this position.
Send your application to: