Location: CFB Shilo, Manitoba
Posted: June 5, 2018
Deadline: June 17, 2018
Salary: $16.01 - $20.24/hour
Under the supervision of the managing editor, the assistant editor assists in the preparation of stories, advertisements, posters, and other material for publication and proofreads material. Editorial includes writing stories, features, covering Base events, exercises, and using photography skills that include Base coverage, shooting hero portraits and doing deployment passports. He/She ensures stories and photos meet quality, content and deadline standards, and submits them for final approval. He/She also supervises a reporter, including assignment and first edit of stories.
- College diploma or certificate in Journalism, Communications, or related field AND some years experience; or
- High school and several years experience in Journalism, Communications or related field
- Language Requirement: English mandatory
- Experience Requirements:
- In creating spot colour and/or full-process colour ads/page designs for newsprint
- In scanning negatives and editing photographs
- In office administration
- In writing articles following journalism guidelines
- In using Web design software
- In using software for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, databases, e-mail and Internet browsing
• Enhanced Reliability • Require a valid driver's licence and vehicle.
NPF employees must demonstrate the following shared competencies: client service, organizational knowledge, communication, innovation, teamwork and leadership. NPF is committed to employment equity. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We strongly encourage applications from all of the designated group members. Individuals needing employment accommodation in the hiring process or job postings in an alternative format may contact the NPF Human Resources Manager.
Start Date: ASAP Application Deadline: 23:59 hrs Pacific time June 17, 2018
Application Submission: Submit resume to NPF HR Office quoting competition # SHI-18-18.
or online: www.cfmws.com, stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board.
This Category I unionized position is open to all interested parties. Preference will be granted in accordance with the Collective Agreement for the UFCW bargaining unit for Category I NPF employees at CFB Shilo. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CFB Shilo Stag newspaper
Web address: http://www.cfmws.com