Interrobang - Fanshawe Student Union
Location: London, Ontario
Posted: May 30, 2018
Deadline: June 15, 2018
The reporter is responsible for the writing of several stories in and around the FSU, College affairs, College Sports, and general stories that would be of interest to our readership.
The reporter is required to write in an informative, concise and easy to understand style. Reporters work as part of the creative team by contributing to the overall creation of each Interrobang issue.
The reporter reports to the Editor while providing support to the Manager of Publications & Communications, creating content using various multimedia formats that are read, listened to, or viewed onscreen.
This position is an 8-month contract with the possibility of a 1-year extension. This is a Monday-Friday position with some evening and weekend duties as required.
- Job Duties:
- Develop and write articles on various College affairs
- Conduct research on various topics
- Appropriately source and cite resources.Edit content for correct spelling and grammar
- Work with Editor to revise and rewrite sections.
- Perform extensive fact-checking.Use desktop or electronic publishing software.
- Maintain blog to keep in touch with readers.
- Collaborate with Interrobang team members, including the Videographer to ensure deadlines are met.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet multiple deadlines
- Stay current and maintain a library of industry news and reference materials.
- Stay current on copyright and plagiarism legislation and regulations.
- Make recommendations for process improvements and more effective methods and mediums.
- Perform administrative duties as assigned
- College Diploma or Bachelor's Degree, Journalism, Broadcasting or closely related field of study
- Excellent verbal communication skills required
- Excellent writing skills, including proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Able to take constructive criticism
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Highly effective teamwork skills
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of Mac OS, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail and Adobe Products
- Ability to learn and adapt to new software
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects while meeting deadlines
Resumes are accepted through our online application process on our website. Please visit https://fsu.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=22 and state you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board.
Fanshawe Student Union
1001 Fanshawe College Blvd
Tel: (519) 452-4109
Fax: (519) 453-5944
Web address: http://www.fsu.ca/jobs