|Front Page Editor (1-year contract)
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: May 24, 2018
Deadline: June 15, 2018
Salary: Not stated
HuffPost Canada is looking for an extremely organized self-starter who can turn on a dime when news breaks, and understands our brand, voice and personality.
You have strong editorial judgment, especially for national and world stories, and know how to sell content across social, mobile, and video platforms.
You’re a stickler for accuracy and balance, and have impeccable grammar, spelling, and CP Style. Reporting and video experience is an asset.
This one-year contract position is based in Toronto and requires evening and weekend shifts.
- Responsibilities include:
- Update HuffPost Canada/AOL.ca front pages with timely, relevant and compelling content
- Prepare wire stories and features, including photos and related video assets, using our CMS
- Write original and aggregated stories
- Edit video, using platform tool
- Assess editorial value of national and international stories and choose the best format to promote them
- Track content from global HuffPost sites for use in Canada
- Distribute content across HuffPost Canada social accounts
- Create graphics, photo compositions as needed Contribute to and uphold best practices
- Support social media and distribution strategy; assist in ongoing metrics analysis
- 3+ years digital news experience
- Journalism degree or equivalent
- Well-versed in CP Style
- Strong editorial sense and knowledge in a variety of categories, including hard news, politics, business, lifestyle, health and social justice
Knowledge of metrics tracking
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and ability to innovate solutions
- Social media and video expertise
- High degree of emotional intelligence
Ability to work collaboratively in a high-pressure environment
Please send resume and COVER LETTER, stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board and with why you would be a good fit for this role to Andrew Yates, managing editor of news, at firstname.lastname@example.org.