|Communication Advisor - Nicaragua
Location: San Carlos and Sabalo, International
Posted: January 5, 2018
Deadline: March 15, 2018
Salary: Monthly Stipend
City San Carlos and Sabalos, Nicaragua
Start Date Feb - Apr 2018 (flexible)
Length of Placement 11 Months
Language Requirements Spanish
Spanish Reading: Level 4, Writing: Level 3, Speaking: Level 3
Language Scale: http://www.cusointernational.org/languageratingscale
Please submit a Spanish Cover Letter and Statement of Interest
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only
Fundación del Rio is an environmental protection organization working in the southeast region of Nicaragua. Fundación del Rio promotes the defense, protection and restauration of natural ecosystems in the region; the environmental education as a way of life for communities living in the Rio San Juan region; stimulate the development of alternative technologies; as well as the economic development and Eco touristic activities to improve the quality of life of the communities.
Fundación del Rio works closely with the communities in a radio stations project, Radio Voz Juvenil, for youth of the region to participate actively in their communities and Radio Humedales. The radios promote values of environmental protection, citizen participation, and the social, economic and political development of the communities.
As a Communication Advisor, you will support Fundación del Rio to develop a communication strategy for the organization that includes internal and external communications, including a plan for the different activities of the Fundación. You will mostly be working with the two radio stations to support the development of a strategy, programming and the training of young people, from the magical and tropical region of Rio San Juan.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Support Fundacion del Rio to develop a communication strategy for the organization that includes internal and external communications. This communication strategy should include a plan for the different activities (radio stations, economic activities, and environmental protection actions).
- Fundacion del Rio owns two radio stations (Voz Juvenil and Radio Humedales). The volunteer will work directly with these two radios stations most of the time.
- Provide support on the development of a communication plan and strategy that includes all activities of Fundacion del Rio.
- Provide support on the development of communication guides to be used by any team of Fundacion del Rio.
- Provide support on the development of a manual to train youth on social broadcasting.
- Provide support for the development of a sustainable strategy for both radio stations.
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
Essential Academic Qualifications:
Bachelor degree in Communications or Journalism
Essential Professional Background:
At least 2 years of experience working at a community radio station - Experience working on market access
Apply on our website here. Please sate in your application that you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board.