|New Media Reporter
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Posted: October 6, 2017
Deadline: November 6, 2017
Sudbury.com is looking for a talented, enthusiastic new media reporter/videographer to create and produce videos and write stories for our award-winning website.
Northern Ontario's largest city, Greater Sudbury has an economy based in mining, but with strong health, education and service sectors, and a thriving arts and culture community.
Sudbury.com is a provincial and national award-winning news and information portal. Billing ourselves as "Your home for everything Sudbury," Sudbury.com has a reputation for objectivity and accuracy, and we pride ourselves on being different.
The successful candidate will be a go-getter with a desire to chase down stories, to help grow our audience, and to self-generate story ideas for video. A demonstrable ability to shoot, produce and edit compelling, professional-quality video news pieces — either alone or in conjunction with a reporter — is a must.
The successful candidate will also be comfortable with livestream coverage of events. He or she will also have an understanding of the importance of social media in today's news cycle, and an enthusiasm and ability to use social media to find stories and spread the reach of stories we produce.
We offer a competitive salary and strong health coverage for our employees.
- Film and edit video pieces to accompany or complement news articles or as stand-alone products
- Appear on camera as a reporter or host
- Write print articles for print publication as well as online
- Providing live video coverage of events and act as a producer for live coverage of events
- Posting material to Sudbury.com's community information portal
- In the event of breaking stories or emergencies, providing occasional coverage on weekends and outside normal business hours
- Using Wordpress to post material for our sister publications, Northern Ontario Mining Journal, Northern Ontario Medical Journal and Northern Ontario Business
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages, including Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- On-camera experience, facility with voice overs, ability to conduct stand-ups on location and compose compelling shots
- Ability to write print articles and produce photography to accommodate articles
- A good eye for composition
- Facility and enthusiasm with social media sites (e.g. Twitter, Facebook and Instagram)
- A degree or diploma in journalism or a related field
- A reliable vehicle
Interested candidates should send resume, samples and a cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to:
158 Elgin Street
Tel: (705) 673-5667
Web address: http://www.sudbury.com