Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: September 5, 2017
At Rogers we’re for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether you’re a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We embrace change, and find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.
Citynews is looking for a next-level video journalist who isn’t afraid to ditch traditional storytelling methods and your portfolio or demo will prove it. Reporting to the Senior Manager - Editorial, the successful candidate will create innovative multi-platform local news content.
What you will be doing
- Generates compelling original story ideas and knowledgeable contacts
- Generates compelling multi-platform content
- Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research
- Shoots, screens, selects and edits material from internal and external sources
- Writes engaging, relevant and concise news stories under tight deadlines according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
- Presents scripted and unscripted content live on-air and on other media platforms from remote locations
- Responds to breaking news situations quickly and accurately
- Fluent in social media trends with active accounts
- A desire to learn other roles throughout Rogers Media
- Minimum of 2 years proven experience generating powerful, credible original content
- Relevant degree / diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
- A person who relentlessly pursues a story beyond the headline
- A person who’s not afraid to question authority to push for transparency
- A person who truly understands multi-platform coverage and doesn’t feel bound by the confines of a typical television reporter package
- A person who won’t let a dead end stop them from producing compelling content
- Excellent knowledge of the cultural and political landscape of Toronto and the GTA
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Must be able to multi-task and deliver under tight deadlines
- Ability to be flexible in a changing work environment
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends
Schedule: Full Time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 33 Dundas St. East (909), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & News
Requisition ID: 107568
As a proud Canadian company, we're dedicated to making things easier for our customers. We’ve been embracing and leading change for over 50-years, and we’ll continue to seek out new opportunities to bring our customers simple solutions for today and tomorrow.
We recognize that success is determined by the strength and diversity of our people. We work together because we want to win together, and these five shared values guide and define our work:
- Simplify and innovate
- Take ownership of the what and the how
- Equip people to succeed
- Execute with discipline and pride
- Talk straight, build trust, and over deliver
Why Rogers? Because your tomorrow inspires our today.
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered.
We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.