Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: August 9, 2017
Deadline: September 9, 2017
Salary: not stated
Do you love snowmobiles? Do you know the difference between your/you’re, its/it’s and then/than? If so, you might just be perfect to head-up Snowmobile.com.
Right now VerticalScope, publisher of industry-leading powersports sites like Motorcycle.com and ATV.com is looking for a part-time editor to oversee it’s growing snowmobile website.
- Production scheduling and tracking
- Two sled or gear reviews (one by EiC, one from contributor)
- News & Rumors (patents, mergers, press releases, etc.)
- Sharable Videos (Interesting or funny stuff from YouTUBE, etc.)
- Writing quizzes, Top-10s and Surveys
MUST ATTEND ANNUAL EVENTS (Tent Poles)
Sneak Peeks and other OEM Press Invites:
- (about one per week from late Jan through Feb) OEMs show key upcoming models on their own turf, invite media to come see in advance, under embargo.
- Occasional other events or rides throughout the season - varies.
- Attend with large crew divided into Mountain Team and Trail Team, get all models in the can and gather riding impressions while shooting them. Joel Mellenthin runs Minnesota Sports Publishing Network (MSPN), Minnesota Off-Road, Minnesota Snowmobiling, Wisconsin Snowmobile association, and cooperates with Jerry on trail testing at Snowshoot. Dubbs Brothers Steve and Rob help with testing as machine movers and photo models, they also are good at getting details from OEMs and then sharing with Jerry at the end of the day. Matt Allred coordinates mountain testing.
- Attend in September and use anything new shown there (probably Arctic Cat / Textron news this year, racing models, machine and gear trends for next year, etc.) find and conduct interviews / gather info.
- Return from Hay Days and use what was learned to plan fall content, chase leads, etc.
Interested candidates should send resume, clippings and a cover note - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin`s Journalism Job Board - to: firstname.lastname@example.org.