Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: August 3, 2017
Deadline: September 3, 2017
Every day, we strive to build a brilliant digital future for Canadians. We work as one team, with one goal – serve our customers better.
We are launching national newscasts on OMNI Television to deliver compelling, multilingual content to Canadians. As an experienced News professional, you know what content our viewers want and how to deliver compelling stories. As a proven innovator, you know how to emphasize creativity over tradition. As a strong team player, you lead by example in managing the production workflow for news staff nationally.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and implement OMNI news strategy;
- Manage the performance of OMNI news staff;
- Set daily editorial strategy for shared national-use content from all regions (Vancouver, Alberta, Toronto and Montreal) ;
- Provide leadership, direction and feedback to local producers on editorial and production aspects
- Take accountability for all aspects of quality control including on-air delivery of news and ensuring that all news broadcast standards are met;
- Responsible for show format, television and digital content and regulatory compliance for 4 national newscasts;
- Oversee allocation of resources to maximize value while minimizing costs
- Leverage integrated content with other Rogers partners;
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a supervisory role or related experience leading teams in a news environment;
- Television or broadcast environment experience;
- Strong editorial judgment and awareness of current events;
- A keen creative eye, with an understanding of the importance of technical production standards, journalistic integrity, good story telling, show structures, line-up judgment and formats;
- An ability to lead teams directly and indirectly as well as remotely, and experience in scheduling shift work;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and ability to meet daily deadlines;
- Some experience with broadcast regulations;
- Fluency in another language an asset.
As a proud Canadian company, we're dedicated to making things easier for our customers. We’ve been embracing and leading change for over 50-years, and we’ll continue to seek out new opportunities to bring our customers simple solutions for today and tomorrow.
At Rogers, we recognize that success is determined by the strength and diversity of our people. We work together because we want to win together, and these five shared values guide and define our work:
1.Simplify and innovate
2.Take ownership of the what and the how
3.Equip people to succeed
4.Execute with discipline and pride
5.Talk straight, build trust, and over deliver
Why Rogers? Because we believe the best is yet to come.
We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.