|TV Producer - Italian
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: August 3, 2017
Deadline: September 3, 2017
At Rogers we’re for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether you’re a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We embrace change, and find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.
We are launching national newscasts on OMNI Television across Canada, to deliver compelling multilingual relevant content to Canadians. As an experienced News professional, you know what content our viewers want and how to deliver compelling stories. As a proven innovator, you know how to emphasize creativity over tradition.
OMNI Television is looking for a Producer (Italian) to lead a diverse team and make important editorial decisions for the national newscast for the Italian community in Canada. Our ideal candidate will engage the audience by delivering compelling, informative and locally relevant stories on multiple media platforms.
- Guide plans around breaking news, social media and alerts, video, audio, photos, graphics, live coverage and features
- Responsible for taking live shows to air, preparing the rundown of news stories and overseeing and executing the production of video and graphic elements to enhance the stories
- Provide direction and guidance to reporters on their stories, ensuring high journalistic standards
- Liaise with other producers, reporters and regional editorial teams on a regular basis, as well as on next-day and longer-term editorial projects
- Attend daily content and programming meetings and contribute to creative brainstorms on new content, including branded content development
- Build a strong network within the Italian community
- Be on top of all major news stories and cover breaking news stories
- Oversee daily rundown changes and work with production crew in editorial discussions, writing scripts, packaging, graphics elements, out-of-show teasing, show timing and field coordination
- Give direction on digital assignments and ensure stories are targeted to specific platform and audience
- May be required to back-fill shifts including evenings and weekends
- Fluent in Italian in both reading/writing
- Minimum 2-3 years of news television producing and/or reporting experience in a major market
- In-depth knowledge of local news and current affairs
- Strong network connections within the Italian community
- Ability to lead a team, motivate staff and personally set the highest professional journalism standards
- Strong ability to multi-task
- An excellent journalist, writer and leader willing to express and support his/her editorial ideas at editorial meetings
- Ability to meet tight deadlines with ease and work well under pressure
- Must have excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Fluent in the digital news space with an ability to identify trending stories on social media
- Experience with live news, control room, field production and Quantel technology an asset
- A broadcast journalism diploma or equivalent experience
As a proud Canadian company, we're dedicated to making things easier for our customers. We’ve been embracing and leading change for over 50-years, and we’ll continue to seek out new opportunities to bring our customers simple solutions for today and tomorrow.
We recognize that success is determined by the strength and diversity of our people. We work together because we want to win together, and these five shared values guide and define our work:
1.Simplify and innovate
2.Take ownership of the what and the how
3.Equip people to succeed
4.Execute with discipline and pride
5.Talk straight, build trust, and over deliver
Why Rogers? Because your tomorrow inspires our today.
What makes us different makes us stronger.
Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered.
We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.