|Road Test Editor
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: August 2, 2017
Deadline: September 2, 2017
Salary: not stated
If you live and breathe cars, love travelling, are a skilled writer, and are a charismatic on-camera personality, this is your dream job. AutoGuide.com is looking for a road test editor to join our energetic team of auto experts in Toronto. This might be the best job in the country.
This job is perfect for you if you know engine and chassis codes and maybe even have a thing for manual transmission diesel wagons. However, you also understand what makes a Corolla such a smart buy and can communicate in-depth vehicle knowledge and impressions to a mainstream car buying audience as well as appeal to enthusiasts.
AutoGuide.com is looking for all that and more in a Road Test Editor to work with our Toronto-based production and editorial teams to produce video and written vehicle reviews and to cover auto shows around the world.
- Reviewing cars (written and video) for AutoGuide.com
- Organizing and executing car comparisons
- Writing review articles and scripts for videos
- Writing advice columns, news and lists
- Travelling around the world to cover vehicle launches and auto shows
- Formal journalism training and experience on camera are assets
- Valid passport and driver’s license
- Must live in Toronto or the GTA
- Deep knowledge and enthusiasm for cars
- An engaging personality
- Active on social media
- Experience with WordPress, YouTube and SEO
- Able to work under tight deadlines and travel multiple times a month
- Advanced driver training
Interested candidates should send resume, clippings and a cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to: