|Green Living Managing Editor
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: August 2, 2017
Deadline: September 2, 2017
The Managing Editor is responsible for overseeing the editorial content production of a Green Living lifestyle site. The Managing Editor plans, assigns, edits and writes content independently and reports into the Group Editorial Director. The candidate should have a passion for exceptional editorial content and sustainable living, environmentally friendly technology and transportation and unparalleled attention to detail.
- Oversees content calendar, scheduling and budget for freelancers and site expenses.
- Assigns stories to freelance writers and contractors while staying within strict budget guidelines.
- Writes, edits and copyedits stories for clarity, readability, interest, punctuation and grammar.
- Interacts regularly with managers in other key departments to ensure business goals and opportunities are met.
- Engages and communicates with online community.
- Travels as needed to launch events and auto shows to report and coordinate coverage.
- Provides a deep knowledge of the environmental issues, sustainable living, alternative fuel transportation and the digital space.
- Contributes as a strong team player to execute vision of Editorial Director.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in journalism or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2-5 years experience in similar role.
- Experience working with outside contractor/freelancers in an online environment.
- Superior grammar, punctuation, style and spelling skills.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to: