Location: Kindersley, Saskatchewan
Posted: July 27, 2017
Salary: not stated
If you love sports, we have a job for you.
We are a busy award-winning newspaper (the best in Saskatchewan last year) franchise located in Kindersley, Saskatchewan, the hub of west central Saskatchewan.
We are one of the few independently-owned newspapers left in Saskatchewan and are invested in our community.
The town, just moving past the 5,000 population mark is home to the Kindersley Klippers Junior A hockey club.
We also have world class baseball facilities and hosted the World Youth Baseball Championship in 1984 and recently hosted the Canada Cup Baseball tournament in 2009 and 2010.
Kindersley also has many other sports such as slopitch, dance, golf, soccer, tennis, karate, high school football, stock car racing and mud racing.
We boast a recently-built arena facility with walking track and the town is working on a new aquatic centre with the opening set for next spring.
We are also home to current NHLer Derek Dorsett. along with former NHLers Bob Bourne, Curtis Glencross, Greg Paslawski, Steve MacIntyre and Dave Lewis.
Jamac Publishing Ltd. owns several newspapers in the area and is a great place to work with great benefits to boot.
- Work independently;
- Write clean, compelling and accurate copy under tight deadlines;
- Cover sporting and recreational events, as well as cover some regular news events as required.
Kindersley is a growing oil and farm-based community and have all the amenities of a big city, but still has that small town feel.
Applicants must have:
- a post-secondary diploma or degree in journalism, or equivalent journalism experience;
- proficiency with a camera;
- must be willing to work evenings and weekends as required;
- a driver’s licence and your own vehicle;
- have excellent writing and and verbal communications skills.
If you have any questions or want to send your resume, with three writing and photography samples, references, to contact below and please let us know that you found this job on jeffgaulin.com.
Jamac Publishing Ltd.
919 Main St.
Tel: (306) 463-4611
Fax: (306) 463-6505