Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posted: July 25, 2017
Salary: not stated
Metro Edmonton is looking for an experienced reporter with a track record of publishing breaking and unique stories — we want a reporter whose work will get noticed. Reporting to the Managing Editor, the successful candidate will have excellent research, photography and writing skills. The position will also be responsible for maintaining an editorial calendar of major events for coverage.
What you will do:
- Responsible for generating story ideas and for covering assigned stories in a range of genres: Breaking news, features, entertainment, lifestyle and sports.
- Photography and/or video to accompany stories or to be used as stand-alone items
- Planning of compelling packages in-print and online
- Coverage of some early morning and evening assignments as needed
- A Web genius who loves telling stories in multiple formats, from print to web
- Knowledge of City Hall is an asset
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in journalism or equivalent experience
- Four years of newspaper reporting experience
- Newspaper photo and video experience are assets
- Strong grasp of all areas of news and feature writing
- Well versed in CP style
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Must be an assertive self starter with own vehicle
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience using social media tools such as Twitter and Facebook
- Familiarity with web CMSs required; basic HTML experience an asset
Metro is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform Metro of your requirements.
Interested candidates should apply online - stating you found this job on Gaulin Media - here.