Kinder Morgan Canada
Location: Sherwood Park (Edmonton), Alberta
Posted: July 24, 2017
Deadline: August 24, 2017
Kinder Morgan Canada is seeking a Community Liaison for the Trans Mountain Pipeline Expansion Project (TMEP). In operation since 1953, the Trans Mountain Pipeline spans 1,150 kilometers from Edmonton, Alberta to Burnaby, British Columbia with a capacity of the 300,000 barrels per day. Kinder Morgan Canada recently affirmed the Final Investment Decision and announced its plans to proceed with its proposed expansion of the existing Trans Mountain Pipeline system. TMEP is abouta $7.4-billion project to increase the capacity of the Trans Mountain Pipeline System by completing the twinning of the existing pipeline.
The Community Liaison contributes to all aspects of engagement and communications specific to the Trans Mountain Expansion Project in Alberta, executing the regional engagement and communications plan for the Greater Edmonton, Yellowhead and Jasper-Mount Robson regions (Edmonton Terminal, Construction Spreads 1 and 2 and Reactivation 1). The Community Liaison creates and delivers strategies to engage and inform stakeholders including local governments, interest groups, and the public; provides information and insights to the Project team in consideration of stakeholders’ interests in Project plans; serves as the local liaison to the Contractor team as it relates to SE&C; and completes the necessary reporting requirements related to engagement and consultation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, coordinate and implement engagement plans for Project stakeholders in Alberta, including the following communities along the Project corridor: including:
- Sherwood Park
- Strathcona County
- Parkland County
- Spruce Grove
- Stony Plain
- Parkland County
- Yellowhead County
- Representative Community Liaison for the Greater Edmonton, Yellowhead and Jasper-Mount Robson (which encompass the communities listed above) and the key point of contact for stakeholders in these regions.
- Coordinate a consistent approach to engagement and communications across these regions; including managing flow of timely information to and from the Contractor for TMEP Edmonton Terminal, Spreads 1 and 2; and for Reactivation 1 during construction.
- Document engagement, and develops content in support of regulatory filings and compliance.
- Ensure the Contractors for Edmonton Terminal, Spreads 1 and 2; and Reactivation 1 are meeting engagement and communications requirements, including reporting requirements and use of the StakeTracker system.
- Ensure consistency in promotion of overall tone / key messages and distribution of communications materials.
- Coordinate with other project team members as needed to support mutual objectives of the strategic engagement plan.
- Post-secondary education preferred, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Community Relations and /or Communications and/or Engagement/Consultation.
- Experience working with a multi-disciplinary team of project professionals.
- Experience with regulatory agencies.
- Experience working on complex, high profile and contentious projects.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot complex problems and make sound decisions.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to navigate and facilitate difficult conversations.
- Ability to work independently and represent the Project.
- Strong local relationships and contacts, is an asset.
As an equal opportunity employer, Kinder Morgan Canada actively encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups, including women, Aboriginal Peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Please apply online here
, stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board.