|News Editor, MMA (Full-Time)
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: July 17, 2017
theScore, Inc. is an independent creator of mobile-first sports experiences, connecting fans to what they love through an addictive combination of comprehensive and personalized real-time news, scores, stats and alerts via its mobile sports platforms theScore and theScore esports and fantasy sports contests via Squad Up. theScore’s mobile sports apps are among the most popular in North America.
Typical Work Day at theScore:
- Produce feature stories to reflect current MMA news.
- Produce push alerts, aggregate news content and breaking news from a variety of sources.
- Consult with editors on how to develop breaking news items throughout the day.
- Use a variety of media - including audio, video, and social media to enhance both spot and breaking news items.
- Other duties as required
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary with employee Share Purchase Plan
- Comprehensive Benefits package
- Fun, relaxed work environment
- Located downtown Toronto; easily accessible by public transit
- Snacks and drinks provided
- Awesome patio with BBQ
- Games room (bring your A game for our FIFA 17, arcade, ping pong and foosball tournaments!)
We are an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be made upon request.
- Extensive knowledge of MMA (UFC and Bellator).
- 2+ years experience writing/editing with a focus on MMA.
- A degree in journalism is preferred.
- Experience in sports media; digital focus is preferred.
- Experience writing feature articles and conducting interviews.
- Experience with a variety of social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Willingness to take on other projects as they come up.
- Flexibility with regards to scheduling and an ability to work nights and weekends.
Interested candidates can send their resume and cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to the address below or apply online here
500 King Street West