Up Here Publishing Ltd.
Location: Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Posted: July 5, 2017
Deadline: July 28, 2017
Up Here Publishing Ltd., publisher of Up Here magazine, an award winning magazine about life in Canada’s far north, has an opening for an editor, effective immediately. This position is full time at the Up Here headquarters in Yellowknife and is responsible for planning and overseeing all content for a new quarterly business publication. The editor reports to the publisher.
- Oversee all issue planning and production
- Lead editorial and story meetings
- Generate story ideas for print and digital platforms
- Commission and edit features, profiles, shorter articles, web stories
- Write at least one feature story per issue.
- Co-ordinate production with in-house design and photography staff
- Minimum of eight years experience with a magazine or newspaper
- Strong familiarity with the North and northern business
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume by 5pm. EST on Friday, July 28 to email@example.com