June  24, 2017
Home
  Print
  Broadcasting
  PR/IR/GR
  New Media
  Art/Production
  Photographers
  Sales
  Administration
  Teaching

 

 

 

 
 

Social Media & Digital Design Specialist

printer friendly format

Social Media & Digital Design Specialist REF#: JG27683
Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Posted: June 19, 2017
Salary:

Description

Are you a creative and energetic new media specialist? Do you welcome the challenge of building interest and engagement in world-changing new projects?

The Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada is looking for a Social Media & Digital Design Specialist to drive social media outreach for the APEC-Canada Growing Business Partnership initiative, and to support APF Canada’s branded social media channels.  
 
The successful applicant will develop and implement a social media strategy to build awareness of the APEC-Canada Growing Business Partnership and other APF Canada initiatives, increase engagement, and grow our online audiences.

An excellent graphic designer with strong English-language writing skills, the successful candidate will also create visual content for APF Canada’s website and social media platforms.

The objective of the APEC-Canada Growing Business Partnership project is to build the potential of micro-, small-, and medium-sized entrepreneurs (MSMEs) in developing Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) economies to foster sustainable economic growth and poverty reduction.

The project supports gender equality and youth activation in the APEC region, and is an initiative of APF Canada and funded by the Government of Canada.

 
Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Project Director, the Social Media and Digital Graphic Specialist will allocate 85% of his/her work time to the APEC-Canada Growing Business Partnership and the remaining 15% to other APF Canada projects.
 
Specific responsibilities will include:
  • Social Media 80%
    • Grow APEC-Canada Growing Business Partnership and APF Canada’s online audience and user engagement on all social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.); 
    • Day-to-day community management, moderation, monitoring and responding to comments and/or question on social media platforms; 
    • Stay up to date on and utilize emerging social media technologies and features; 
    • Work with the Senior Project Director and Communications Manager to produce social media campaigns and ads; and
    • Provide reporting on social media analytics on a weekly and monthly basis. 
  • Creative design (20%): 
    • Create compelling visual content (i.e. graphics, infographics, covers, etc.) for APF Canada’s online and social media platforms; 
    • Participate in the web design process with the Website Manager to ensure esthetic complementarity between APF Canada’s website and social media platforms; and
    • Propose new ideas and concepts for social media and website graphic content.

Qualifications

Desired skills and abilities
  • University or technical institute degree or diploma in communications, new/digital media, creative design;  
  • Must be fluent in English with exceptional verbal and written communication skills; 
  • Expert knowledge of popular social media platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Google+, Instagram LinkedIn, WeChat and WhatsApp;
  •  1+ years experience working on business social channels and engaging with audiences online;  
  • Knowledge of social media analytics; 
  • Familiarity with social media dashboards, such as Hootsuite; 
  • Familiarity with Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator; 
  • Familiarity with video and audio editing for web and social media is an asset; 
  • Independent, organized, and a good team player with the ability to work under pressure; 
  • Creative personality with an eagerness to learn; 
  • Interest in MSME issues, especially in a developing economy context is an asset;  
  • Familiarity with content management systems, preferably Drupal is an asset; and, 
  • Fluency in Spanish, Vietnamese, Tagalog and/or Bahasa Indonesia is an asset.


If you are interested in this position and have the required education and experience, please send a letter of interest, along with any relevant work in social media that you would like to share with us, together with a CV and your salary expectation, to Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada by email to jobs@asiapacific.ca. Please include ‘Social Media & Digital Design Specialist' in your subject line. and state in your e-mail that you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board.  Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you.

Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada
900-675 West Hastings Street
Vancouver , BC
V6B 1N2 , Canada


E-mail: jobs@asiapacific.ca
Web address: http://www.asiapacific.ca
 
 

  © Gaulin Media > Legal Information
  Content Management System by Soulfx