|Multimedia Journalists (multiple)
Location: Various, Nova Scotia
Posted: June 16, 2017
Deadline: June 30, 2017
SaltWire Network is
seeking dedicated, full-time multimedia journalists who are capable of
gathering news and delivering stories and features, taking photographs and
producing video for distribution across multiple media platforms. The
successful candidates will be able to produce engaging content every day for
all of our print and digital products. You are passionate about story-telling
in any medium. You are a highly organized and motivated self-starter. You have
the ability to write concisely, accurately and quickly under deadline pressure.
In fact, you thrive under deadline pressure and relish being first, breaking
news and providing insight for readers and viewers. You have great news
judgment and are able to develop and present compelling, relevant content on a
variety of platforms, including print, web, mobile, and social media.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Report, edit and publish quality content for a variety of platforms, including web, mobile, social media, print – as well as tailoring content to meet the needs and deadlines of those platforms;
- Carry out news assignments as given – as well as generate and develop ideas independently;
- Shoot and edit still photos and video to illustrate stories - assigned or on own initiative;
- Assist online staff in preparing multimedia/interactive stories;
- Strategically engage in social media – gather, publish and promote content;
- Meet performance standards to achieve strategic objectives and goals laid out in job KPI’s; and,
- Other duties as required.
- Journalism and/or photojournalism degree or equivalent industry experience;
- Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems;
- Experience with “spot news” – proven ability to react quickly to breaking events; and,
- Demonstrated experience writing, reporting, shooting/editing photos, video.
The 'SaltWire Network’ of newspapers boasts weekly and daily newspapers across Atlantic Canada. Respondents will be considered for a number of open positions across Nova Scotia, PEI and Newfoundland.
We look forward to meeting you.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to forward their cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - and resume, quoting posting #24-17, before 11:59 p.m. on June 30, 2017 to:
Human Resources Department
2717 Joseph Howe Dr
Tel: (902) 426 2811
Fax: (902) 426 0449