|General Assignment Reporter
Location: Bonnyville, Alberta
Posted: June 14, 2017
Deadline: June 28, 2017
The Bonnyville Nouvelle and Lakeland Regional is currently recruiting for a general assignment reporter.
The successful candidate will work as part of our three-person newsroom developing content for our two weekly papers. Reporters are required to cover stories and events in and around the Town of Bonnyville for the Nouvelle, as well as the City of Cold Lake for the Regional.
To the preferred candidate, we offer:
- a very competitive salary and benefits package
- opportunities for promotion and advancement within the Great West Newspapers family
The position is based in Bonnyville, Alberta, a growing, dynamic community of about 6,000 people.
A personal vehicle is a must, or the ability to acquire one soon after arrival.
- a degree or diploma in journalism
- the ability to work on a flexible schedule
- have digital photography skills
- strong skills in copy editing to CP style
- a willingness to research and develop compelling story pitches on a weekly basis
- Training in Adobe software (InDesign, Photoshop) is an asset.
Interested? Send your cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism job Board - resume, and writing samples to:
Kristen Heliotis, publisher
5304 50 Ave.
Tel: (780) 826-3876
Web address: http://www.bonnyvillenouvelle.ca