Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: June 14, 2017
Deadline: July 7, 2017
Honeycomb Worldwide is looking for a multimedia reporter to fill a full-time position at Xtalks, its established digital media and webinar production company. The incumbent will be joining a vibrant marketing and promotions team and should be passionate about journalism. Candidates with a background in writing daily news stories and feature articles would be preferred, however applications from recent graduates of a recognized journalism program will be accepted.
Xtalks is the world’s leading provider of educational webinars for the international pharma, biotech, food, life science and medical device communities. Always at the forefront of digital media, the Xtalks team strives to connect practitioners with quality content in the most accessible and interactive way possible.
The successful candidate will source, write and create content for our website, with a particular focus on the food and beverage industry. The reporter will be responsible for pitching feature ideas that are industry-relevant, arranging and conducting interviews as part of research for stories, and promoting the completed articles through various social media channels.
A background in video production and editing, or vlogging, is essential to the video content creation responsibilities of this role. Acting as a moderator for live webinars will also be a key part of this role.
- College diploma or bachelor's degree in journalism, broadcasting or closely related field of study
- Experience in the food and beverage industry or other B2B publishing industry is highly desirable but not required
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills, including proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Excellent skills in photography, video production & editing
- Excellent social media skills
- A practical understanding of on-page SEO is an asset
- Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Premier Pro & After Effects experience required
- Able to adhere to deadlines and take direction while contributing story ideas
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Able to work both independently and as part of a close team
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects while meeting deadlines
- Ability to moderate live webinar events (training provided)
The successful candidates will be based at our Bay Street
offices in the heart of Toronto’s bustling Yorkville, just a few steps from
Bay/Bloor subway station.
Xtalks.com for more information. Candidates should submit a sample of their
written work and a portfolio of their design samples, including video assets,
along with their resume and cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to email@example.com.
welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all
aspects of the selection process.