Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: June 12, 2017
Deadline: July 12, 2017
Salary: not stated
The Managing Editor is responsible for overseeing the editorial content production of TheTruthAboutCars.com website (TTAC). The Managing Editor plans, assigns, edits and writes content for TTAC independently and reports into the Group Editorial Director. The candidate should have a passion for exceptional editorial content and the automotive industry, a nose for hard-hitting journalism and unparalleled attention to detail.
- Oversees content calendar, scheduling and budget for TTAC.
- Assigns stories to freelance writers and contractors while staying within strict budget guidelines.
- Writes, edits and copyedits stories for clarity, readability, interest, punctuation and grammar.
- Interacts regularly with managers in other key departments to ensure business goals and opportunities are met.
- Engages and communicates with TTAC’s dedicated and, um, opinionated online community.
- Travels as needed to launch events and auto shows to report and coordinate coverage.
- Provides a deep knowledge of the automotive industry, international business and the digital space.
- Contributes as a strong team player to execute vision of Editorial Director.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in journalism or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2-5 years experience in similar role.
- Experience working with outside contractor/freelancers in an online environment.
- Superior grammar, punctuation, style and spelling skills.
Interested candidates should send resume, clippings and a cover letter - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to: