Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posted: May 19, 2017
Deadline: June 19, 2017
Salary: not stated
If you’re passionate about cars and love writing, we have the perfect job for you. AutoGuide.com is looking for a full-time news editor to join our team of automotive journalists in Toronto.
- The news editor must be a totally self-sufficient writer who is immersed in automotive industry news and has an acute attention to detail.
- We are looking for someone to keep the website updated throughout the day with accurate, concise news stories and sharp, click-worthy headlines.
- The editor must be adept at sifting through all the relevant information and zoning in on the real story, tackling it with a healthy dose of skepticism and journalistic curiosity — all in a manner that’s fitting for a fast-paced digital news environment.
- Besides writing a high volume of news stories in a timely fashion, the editor will also be responsible for sourcing, assigning and editing news from other writers.
- The news editor will also be responsible for keeping our social media channels updated throughout the day with content that gets the highest engagement and pitching timely and interesting ideas for feature stories.
- Formal journalism training is an asset, along with a strong command of the English language.
- Must have a valid drivers license and passport.
- On-camera experience is also a valuable asset.
Interested candidates should send resume, clippings and a cover note - stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin's Journalism Job Board - to: