Location: Prince Albert, Saskatchewan
Posted: May 15, 2017
Deadline: June 20, 2017
We are seeking an energetic leader for the largest newsroom in central Saskatchewan and one of the biggest newsrooms in Western Canada. You’ll work with other senior news leaders from radio, television and print as we build our news and information platforms. You will possess solid news judgement to oversee all aspects of daily news gathering and digital news content. Anchoring will be required so a strong radio delivery would be ideal.
The Duties include:
- Supervise and direct 11 reporters, editors and anchors in carrying out our news policy and goals with consistency in a deadline driven environment. (includes hiring, training, addressing complaints and problem solving)
- Responsible for all content that goes online and on air: editing/writing news and feature stories as needed.
- Work effectively with editors and affiliate News Directors, and other departments including Sales.
- On-air radio news.
- Developing and implementing editorial goals.
- Create contacts and meet with individuals and groups in the community to determine their news needs and interests.
- Scheduling newsroom staff.
- Resolve equipment and staff assignment problems.
- Mentor the growth and development of newsroom staff beginning their career in our newsroom.
- Meet with individual staff members to evaluate and improve performance and professionalism; review reporting and casts of critique of writing style, news content and broadcast performance.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in broadcast journalism
- Minimum 3-year experience in broadcasting or a related field
- Management experience
- Working knowledge of digital news including social media, CP writing style
- Valid driver’s license, vehicle
Our news team is responsible for news content on three radio stations and two online news portals including our award winning paNOW.com.
Please send your resume, broadcast demo, writing examples, and a completed copy of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group New Applicant Self ID form by June 20, 2017.
*** Our New Applicant Self ID form is available for download at www.jpbroadcast.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
*** As part of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group’s Employment Equity Policy we encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to identify themselves as this may be to their advantage in helping us correct under-representation of those groups in our company.
Teena Monteleone, Director of Info Programming
1316 Central Avenue