Jim Pattison Broadcast Group
|Sports Director & Play By Play
Location: Prince Albert, Saskatchewan
Posted: May 15, 2017
Deadline: June 20, 2017
We are seeking an energetic sports and play by play leader. You’ll work with other senior newsroom leaders from radio, television and print as we build our news and information platforms. You must have strong performance skills for this key on air position..
The CKBI Sports Director is responsible for the following:
- Coordinates radio and online coverage of the Prince Albert Raiders, amateur athletics and area high school sports for radio and online.
- Schedules sports staff to ensure consistent coverage of regular sports events.
- Working knowledge of digital news including social media, CP writing style. Digital photography skills.
- Play-by-play host of the Prince Albert Raiders. The Sports Director calls the play for all 72 home and away games.
- Live and recorded sports updates
- Excellent play-by-play skills and ability to produce and execute a hockey game broadcast including between period programming
- strong on-air delivery
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in broadcast journalism.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in broadcasting
- Working knowledge of digital news including social media, photography and CP writing style
- Ability to travel on the road, with the team, for extended road trips during the hockey season.
- Valid driver’s license, vehicle.
Applicants should possess excellent organization and presentation skills, computer skills, and interpersonal skills. You should have the ability to MC team and public events. High motivation, enthusiasm, and passion for hockey, amateur and high school sports are all required as well. This position is a rare, full time, salaried sports/play by play position.
Our two member sports team is responsible for sports content on three radio stations and two online news portals including our award winning paNOW.com.
Please send your resume, broadcast AND play by play demo, writing samples, and a completed copy of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group New Applicant Self ID form by June 20, 2017.
*** Our New Applicant Self ID form is available for download at www.jpbroadcast.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
*** As part of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group’s Employment Equity Policy we encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to identify themselves as this may be to their advantage in helping us correct under-representation of those groups in our company.
Teena Monteleone, Director of Info Programming
1316 Central Avenue